A security camera is the best way to control your home and increase personal safety. Recording everything that happens on the screen will help you keep track of all the intruders and feel safe. But what if you combine this security technology with solar panels? Get a universal source of protection with an uninterrupted power supply. It guarantees you the fact that video surveillance will be recorded even when there is no main power source. Let’s figure out how to choose the best solar security camera and install it in your home.
The Best Solar Powered Security Cameras
1. Soliom Solar Powered Security Camera
- Upgraded version with triple charging efficiency bigger solar panel; Built-in 4000mah battery and self-sustained by the solar light panel when exposed to sunlight
- Made from high quality plastic to withstand extreme weather; Battery works at temperature between -4℉ to 140℉; IP66 weatherproof grade for safest use with a wide angle of vision
- Features an exclusive two-way motion detection technology that allows reducing false alerts; Camera will send an alert to your smartphone when motion is detected and record a short video clip into the cloud and memory card
- 1080p full HD day time video quality with the refined 5 layers of glass lens and high quality LED lights to enhance night vision; Solar camera has a maximum 33 to 49 feet visible distance and auto switch day to night mode; Stay safe with a reliable security
- Wifi enabled wireless IP security camera with SOLIOM free app; Allows to remotely monitor your yard entrance, garage, office, garden and home with live view video; Clear two-way talk lets you hear and speak to anyone who is within its range
The Soliom wireless Solar is an excellent wireless surveillance system with a 4000 mAh battery. Solar charging ensures you have enough power to work for three days. A 160-degree wide-angle lens guarantees you a good viewing angle and the ability to track all objects in an area of 15 feet. this is very convenient since the camera records video in Full HD mode and can save data to a 64gb memory card. The ip66 standard guarantees protection against moisture, dust and other weather conditions.
- Adjustable PIR motion sensibility
- Field of vision: 160°
- Unique aesthetic design
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz
- 50 feet range distance for night vision
- 64GB for micro-SD card slot
2. Hiseeu Solar Powered Wireless Security Camera
- 【Lasting Batteries Power & Solar Powered】Hiseeu C10-TZ+ built-in 6000 mAh Panasonic Rechargeable batteries, Batteries can last up to six years or more. Full battery can sustain power for 120 Days. It takes only five days to charge 1% of the Battery to 99% through the high energy conversion rate 3.2w monocrystalline silicon solar panel in sufficient sunlight. Solar panel can only maintain the camera in winter/cloudy/rainy days when there is insufficient sunshine, please take off it to charge when
- 【IP65 Waterproof & Easy Setup】There are two types of camera mount in the package, one is magnet fixed, the other is screw fixed. The cable length of solar panel is 12.8Ft. You can install solar panels on the roof to get the best angle of solar radiation. IP65 Waterproof Camera can withstand the worst weather. The camera operates at temperatures ranging from minus 7.6 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If you install the camera outdoors, Hiseeu recommend screwing camera mount.
- 【Easy Setup & CloudEdge Remote】You can download CloudEdge App from Google Play or Apple Store.The intuitive of the user interface provides a satisfying user experience while easing the pairing, recording and browsing process. Allows up to 6 family members or friends to live view the surveillance camera simultaneously. Considering the longer connection distance, the camera can only connect to 2.4GHz WiFi.
- 【Intelligent PIR Detection & Encrypted Records】PIR sensor detects mammals of about 67°F. When the camera detects mammals, it will enter the record state in three thousandths of a second and send the most accurate real-time alarm message to CloudEdge. You can adjust motion detection sensitivity to low/medium/high on App. To avoid you getting the wrong alarm. Records of motion detection is encrypted by camera.32GB SD card can store encrypted record files in six months.
The Hiseeu Solar is a great option for those who like wireless solutions. This Security Camera has a Wi-Fi transmitter for connecting to a network and a 32Gb SD card for saving the video in Full HD format. The ip65 standard guarantees protection against dust, moisture, and fine hail. The camera software protects it from hacking and reconfiguration attempts. a capacious 6000 mAh battery allows the camera to work for a very long time without recharging.
- 130° range view
- 2-way audio system
- Encrypted video records
- Wi-Fi Connection at 2.4GHz
- 32 feet night vision
- 32GB for SD card slot
3. Reolink Argus Solar Powered Security Camera
- Work with Alexa & Google Assistant: Works with Amazon Alexa/ Echo Spot/ Echo Show/ Google Assistant – View your live video with a simple voice command, Argus 2 with Solar Panel is part of your smart home security system now.
- No Wires Simple Installation - Reolink Argus 2+Solar Panel wireless battery security camera is rechargeable and get Non-Stop solar power supply with its own solar panel. No need to plug into power ever. Plug and play, neat easy installation requires no drilling so you can install it yourself in a few minutes with complete instructions. Work with Google assistant is also a hassle-free option to complete your home security system.
- Vivid 1080p HD and Stunning Night Vision - This wireless detachable battery powered security outdoor camera can be slipped from the magnetic mount to take out with you. With starlight CMOS sensor and 6pcs 850nm infrared LEDs, the 1080p Full HD IP camera has advanced 33ft night vision and 130° wide field of vision, and get crystal clear videos and detailed images in a wider field even at night.
- Record to SD Card and Cloud Storage - Micro SD card slot accepts up to 64GB for home security camera recording. Supports backup videos on Reolink Cloud to avoid the risk of losing footage and never be concerned about privacy leaks. Watch your property and pets in home while at work or at night with reliable Reolink security camera system.
- Remotely Access Camera via Free Reolink Software - Live view and playback through the security camera via your iOS/Android phones or through windows or mac computers with free Reolink app or client, no monthly subscription fee required. Allowing up to 10 family members or friends to live view the surveillance camera simultaneously. Only support 2.4GHz WiFi.
The Reolink Argus Solar is a stylish camera that has a remote module with solar panels and a 64 GB memory card. Two-channel audio system allows you to record high-quality sound A Full HD Matrix captures the slightest movement around. 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi transmitter allows you to connect to another device and transfer the picture to 10 devices. You can significantly increase the security of your home with this equipment.
- IP65 waterproof protection for camera and solar panel
- High definition quality video 1080p
- Local and cloud storage
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4 GHz
- 33 feet night vision cover
- 64GB for built-in SD card slot
4.REOLINK Argus Eco
- Smartly Work with Google Assistant: Just say “Hey Google, show me the backyard” and you will see live feed from the camera. 1080p Full HD with the advanced CMOS image sensor and 100° wide field of vision to get crystal videos and cover the wider field. Provides a stunning clear vision up to 33ft through 850nm infrared LED light without disturbing your baby.
- Truly Wireless Security Camera System: With a eco-friendly Reolink solar panel, the rechargeable battery camera Argus Eco can run 365 days a year. Reliable 2.4G wifi connection and solar power offer wireless freedom(not support 5GHz WiFi). Easy to set up on the Reolink App by following the voice instructions. Place the solar powered security system anywhere you want surveillance.
- Smart PIR Motion Detect and Instant Alerts: Digital PIR motion sensor is more sensitive and send almost no false alarms. You will receive instant App push notifications, email alerts and sound alarms (siren) when motion events are detected. Flexibly set up motion sensitivity and working time to avoid false alarms caused by fluttering moths or flying twigs.
- Free Rolling 7-day Cloud Storage: Event videos are securely uploaded to SD card( purchase separately) or Reolink cloud. Free cloud plan provide 1GB cloud storage to record motions triggered for the previous 7 days. Live view and playback multiple cameras via the Reolink app (iOS android) and client(Windows Mac).
- 2-Way Audio and 2-Year Warranty: Ensures this will quickly become your favorite no-risk purchase. Listen and talk interactively with your beloved ones, ward off would-be burglars when off-site.Adopted advanced audio coding technology, the wireless camera can intelligent filtering environment noise to realize barrier-free communication.
The REOLINK Argus Eco is a reliable solution for those who value the safety of their home. The camera has a powerful sensor that spans up to 30 feet even at night and has the ability to shoot video in the infrared spectrum. The camera records video in Full HD format and can be charged from an external battery. A special Wi-Fi module allows you to connect to cloud storage and record video on the server. This is very convenient since you get the ability to track all activity from your smartphone.
- Works with Google Assistant
- Two-way audio
- Smart Color Night Vision
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz
- 30 feet night vision
- 64GB for SD and 1GB cloud storage
5. CTVISON CT-SPBC
- 【100% Wire Free & Easy Installation】:Our wireless IP camera doesn't have power cords and no wiring hassles. You can place it wherever you want and install the camera with the tools included in the package in just minutes.Supports IP66 weatherproof that is ideal for outdoor use;
- 【Adjustable Solar Panel & Battery Powered】:Wire free outdoor solar camera is powered by 6400mAh rechargeable battery, charging through the cover solar panel. The angle of solar panel is adjustable for more solar power. It has self-protection and automatically stop charging after the battery is full of electricity. With solar panel charging function, the equipment can be maintenance-free throughout the year;
- 【Full HD 1080p/IR Night Vision】: The wireless solar powered security camera with high resolution images in 1080p resolution, which you can see crystal clear pictures. Built with 6pcs infrared light, the viewing distance up to 33 feet even in night;
- 【Works with Alexa】:Works with select Alexa devices to launch real-time video with your voice (Alexa device sold separately); Please download the "tosee plus" app,not "to see"app;
- 【PIR Motion Detection Recording】: With the PIR motion sensor, every potential risk will be identified accurately and sent to you immediately. Built in a micro SD card slot, the videos can be saved in the micro SD card. It can support up to 64GB. The micro SD card is not included;
The CTVISON CT-SPBC is a Solar Security Camera that has a mounted solar panel for recharging. The camera has 4 mounts and a battery for 6400 mAh. Full HD video and night vision mode allows you to record high-resolution video and transfer it to external media. This is a good solution for those who value their safety.
- IP66 Weatherproof
- Infrared LED lights included
- Works with Alexa from Amazon
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz
- 33 feet range for night vision
- 64 Gb for micro-SD
6. RaceTek Wireless Solar Cameras
The RaceTek Cameras is a reliable camera with motion sensors and the ability to work in the infrared spectrum. Excellent Wi-Fi module allows you to transfer Full HD video and a battery with 6400 mAh allows the camera to work for a long time without recharging. The IP65 standard allows you to forget about the weather; a 33-foot viewing range ensures that you can see all the details in the video. It is a reliable solution to protect your home offline.
- Separated solar panel
- Field of vision: 104°
- 1080p video quality
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz
- 33 feet vision range during the night
- 64 Gb supported for the micro-SD
7. Lemnoi Wireless Solar Security Camera
- 【6400 mAh Rechargeable battery & Solar panel powered】The smart security camera has a built-in extended life 6400 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery and hyper-efficient monocrystalline solar panel, that can provide continuous charge with no need for power. Installation is very simple.
- 【1080p HD and Stunning Night Vision】 This solar powered battery outdoor camera has 1080p full HD with advanced 33 foot night vision. Also it has a 130° field of view to capture crystal clear videos and detailed images in a wider field. You can even see clearly at night with starlight. It has a PIR sensor and 6pcs 850nm infrared LEDs to provide excellent night vision.
- 【7 Days Snapshots Free Rolling Cloud Record & SD Card Record】This security camera automatically records event picures when it detects motion or sounds. These images are accessible for 7 days. Micro SD card slot accepts up to 64GB for recording. The duplicate recording can avoid the risk of losing footage with no need to worry about privacy leaks.
- 【Smart PIR Motion Detection】 The solar-powered outdoor battery security camera provides 130° wide viewing angle which greatly reduces the blind spots. It has a advanced built-in PIR dual motion sensor. It can push alarm notifications two any mobile device. And you can remotely activate a siren from your phone to scare away any suspicious crowd.
The Lemnoi Wireless is a portable wireless Security Camera that has a separate panel for storing solar energy. Six infrared LEDs guarantee recording quality at the level of professional cameras A Full HD resolution guarantees you detailed video frames of everything that happens on the street. You can record video clips on a 64 GB memory card. The system can also store graphics content for up to 7 days. An angle of 130 degrees provides a sufficient span to view the current state on the street. The 6400 mAh battery allows you to work for a long time without recharging.
- 1-year warranty
- 7 days free rolling cloud record
- PIR motion sensor with 6 infrared LEDs
- Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz
- 33 feet vision range during the night
- 64Gb for local storage
How to Choose a Solar Powered Surveillance Camera
Camera Recording Features
Without a doubt, video recording is the most important element that is present in Security cameras. Currently, the popular standard in Full HD. It’s also good for your camera to be able to shoot in the infrared. This will help her to be effective in the evening and at night. You can also install specific solar spotlights with motion sensors. This will allow you to add brightness, contrast and enhance the clarity of the picture. It is worth thinking about a memory card on which everything that happens will be recorded.
View and Solar Angles
The second most important parameter is the angle of the camera. It is advisable to use a camera with a viewing angle of more than 100 degrees. If this parameter is lower then you have to put several cameras that would cover the entire range of the security perimeter. Also, pay attention to the solar panel that powers your Security camera. It is advisable to use devices that have a separate remote panel to capture solar energy. In extreme cases, you need to take a camera that has a fixed solar panel with the ability to rotate vertically and horizontally. This will increase the amount of sunlight received and increase battery life.
Motion Security Detection
If you want your camera to clearly record any violations, then you need to use devices with a motion detection function. If the camera sees an intruder, it can send an alarm to your smartphone. It is very convenient and aspect which is on many devices. You can also activate a light or siren that will serve as a warning signal for the intruder. In many cases, this helps prevent an offense and allows you to gain some time to call the police.
Wired vs Wireless Cameras
At the moment, wireless cameras are better than their wired counterparts in all respects. First of all, it concerns the way of switching since you do not need to have a network router and pull kilometers of wires to combine several cameras in one network. It is also simpler and more beautiful aesthetically. You can mount the camera anywhere and not worry about wires or the power system. The solar panel will support the operability of the camera and the wireless data transfer method will allow you to receive a Wi-Fi signal directly to your smartphone. You can also install cameras in hidden areas so as not to attract the attention of intruders. This is another parameter that is more difficult to perform with wired Security cameras.
Are All Outdoor Cameras Waterproof?
Most standard wireless security cameras have an IP65 or higher security standard. This guarantees protection against dust, dirt, and water. Since all these cameras are mounted from the outside of the buildings, the weather protection function is the prerogative. Nevertheless, you need to read information about each manufacturer since certain models are designed for limited operating temperatures. For example, abnormal heat or extreme cold can affect the performance of a particular type of camera.
The Difference between Regular and Solar Security Cameras
Video quality, tracking sensors, viewing angle and other standard parameters are unchanged for both wired cameras and solar Security cameras. The difference is only in the way of eating. Solar Security Camera is powered by a solar panel and for ordinary Security Cameras, you need wiring. You will also have to draw a line that will be visible to all people passing by. And another difference is that you need to place solar panels in direct sunlight. Otherwise, you risk that your camera may not fully charge or discharge at the most inopportune moment. Also, you need to correctly set the points of the Wi-Fi repeater me in order to transfer video files to your smartphone or server.
The Additional Equipment
In the case of installing a wireless solar Security Camera, you can do all the options yourself. You also do not need additional settings or a specialist call. As a rule, all cameras are equipped with special brackets and mounting systems. You only need to mount the entire system, download the application using the QR code and configure the camera to start video recording. Almost every security camera manufacturer has its own application that is easy to download and configure according to the instructions.