Summer is a great couple of the year to swim in the pool and sunbathe. Well, what if you want to swim in your home pool in the fall? In this case, swimming in cold water will not be the best experience for you. You can use electric or gas heaters. But it will hit your family budget. Let’s look at the best options for solar pool heaters that will help you warm the water and make the bathing process enjoyable. Here is the best list of products you can find in 2021.
The Best Solar Pool Heaters
1. Fafco Solar Bear Solar Pool Heater
No products found.
Fafco is one of the most convenient products that take less than 30 minutes to install. The solar pool heater is a rectangular cloth and solar panels that accumulate energy and can heat the pool for a short period of time. You can expect a temperature change of up to 10 degrees in your pool. You can also use the installation system and raise the solar panel above the roof and your pool or install it at an angle closer to the sun.
- Solar heater for above ground pools
- Mounting racking tilted between 20-45°
- 10-year warranty
- 80,000 BTUs generated by day
- Solar collector size: 4 ft. x 20 ft.
- Additional 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit to the swimming pool
2. XtremepowerUS Solar Pool Heater
- XtremepowerUS Panels are built from extremely high-grade materials that are proven to last in all types of weather
- Pools pump and filter system circulates pool water through the SOLAR PANELS when it is heated & then returned to your pool. Once installed, these panels are cost effective, produce no greenhouse gases, and need low to no maintenance. Extend your swimming this year at a low cost with the help from the sun!
- System is designed to be used on above-ground or in-ground pools. Each kit is made of - 2' x 20'ft panels. Each panel is made of lightweight, flexible, durable black polypropylene. The panel tube construction creates a larger surface area which optimizes heat transfer from the sun to your pool
- Quantity of these solar panels needed is dependent on the pool size and the location, which may estimate by some websites.
- Diverter kit may be required for pumps 1.5hp and greater. Sold separately under item number B01FNE41HA
Xtremepower Us is a modern solar pool heater that includes a convenient collector and is capable of heating the water in your pool to 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Such an increase in temperature will allow you to comfortably swim in the pool and enjoy your vacation. The device is designed to mount all structures on the roof of your building or on the floor near the pool. the solar heater is resistant to water and wind, which allows you to place it on the street without fear.
- Lightweight and durable polypropylene material
- Suitable for 18 feet round pools and 350sq.ft. oval pools
- Optimized heating transfer
- Solar heating collector: 2 feet x 20 feet long
- Increases temperature 10-15°F above
- Dimensions: 240 x 28 x 3 inches
3. Smartpool S601P Solar Pool Heater
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
The Smartpool S601p has a robust solar collector and a fiberglass-reinforced housing. This ensures long-term operation and the possibility of installing a solar heater on the roof of your house or near the pool. It is worth noting that the device has a convenient mounting system and an increased capacity of solar panels in order to heat your pool and make the water temperature higher by 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fiberglass reinforced over-molded header
- Heating tubes maximized with a wider area
- Wind vents included maintaining heating panel integrity
- Increases temperature 6-10°F above standard value
- Heating panel measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long
- Panel area: 80 square feet
4. GAME 4714 SolarPRO
- For pools up to 10,000 gallons, Solar Dome Heater creates "Green House" effect to increase heat transfer;No electric or gas connections
- Water Capacity 1.5 gallon. Heats 5 degrees Fahrenheit in 6 days.
- 1.5 HP Pump, upto 19 GPM flow rate
- Injection molded, foldable legs
- Adapters for Intex & Best way pools included
The Game 4714 is an original solar heater that has a domed shape and a new type of solar panel design that allows you to raise the total temperature of the water in your pool by 7 degrees Fahrenheit for a week. Convenient and autonomous housing is combined with the pump and allows you to comfortably heat the water evenly distributing the temperature throughout the pool. This is the best solution for small home pools and those who want to save money.
- No bypass valve required for pumps up to 1.5HP
- Ball shape solar collectors
- Adjustable legs included
- Increases temperature up to 5°F for 10,000 gallons
- Up to 19 gallons per minute direct flow rate
- Dimensions: 27.6 x 5.9 x 44.9 inches
5. Blue Wave NS6028
No products found.
The Blue Wave is a small diameter solar pool heater with efficient solar panels. You can count on heating the water by an additional 5 degrees Fahrenheit in 5 days. The manufacturer supplies the solar heater with highly efficient panels and a reliable circuit that will last you for many years. The device itself has a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Curved shape pool solar panel
- Adjustable tilt angle up to 30°
- Suitable for above-ground pools
- Increased heat absorption up to 40% per cycle
- 51-feet long and 1.2-inch solar coils
- Temperature raise by 5°F
6. SmartPool S220
- Simple DIY installation; for in ground or above ground pools
- Installs on roof, rack, ground or fence
- Patented web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
- Uses existing pool pump
- Raises pool water temperature 6-10 degrees F
The SmartPool S220 is a solar heater that is suitable for pools up to 24 feet in diameter. You can count on heating the water an additional 10 degrees Fahrenheit if you install a solar heater up to 30 feet away. A powerful pump will allow you to transfer heat from the collectors and heat your pool in record time.
- Polypropylene material protects against corrosion
- The installation process can be made 30 feet away from the existing pool
- 5-year warranty
- Solar collector area: 40 square feet
- 2 feet width x 20 feet long
- Raise the temperature up to an additional 10°F
7. Sun2Solar Ground Mounted Heating
- MADE PERFECT FOR YOU - Our system is designed to be used on above-ground or in-ground pools. Each kit is made of one - 2' x 20' panels. The panel is made of lightweight, flexible, durable black polyolefin. The panel's tube construction creates a larger surface area which optimizes heat transfer from the sun to your pool.
- WARMER POOL - Install the solar pool heater panels, with enough sunlight and warm temperature, pool water temp will rise. The use of a solar cover is recommended for maximum efficiency. Your pools pump and filter system circulates swimming pool water through the solar panels when it is heated and then returned to your pool. You can add extra panels if needed.
- FOR THE GROUND - Do not use a high horsepower pump as you can blow out the lines. For the panels to be most effective on the ground, be sure that they are angled at 45 degrees to the sun for maximum heat collection. All you need are a few straps or clips (included) to secure them to a solar panel rack or ground. The by-pass valve (included) will allow you to dial in the flow rate and send the water around the solar panels.
- ECO FRIENDLY - These pool solar heater panels are cost effective, produce no greenhouse gases, and need low to no maintenance. Solar water heater panels continue to draw heat from your roof once the sun exits the heaters, heating your pool for longer hours.
- INCLUDED WITH THIS SYSTEM – One 4’ x 20' panels and by-pass valve. Connect multiple panels with the rubber hose connector. 5 year limited warranty.
The Sun2Solar is a solar heater that you can install near your pool or on the roof of a building. Convenient design format allows you to quickly heat water in the range from 6 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. You can expect your pool to warm up evenly thanks to the new technology of energy heat storage. The solar panel effectively transfers electricity for heating needs and can last for many years.
- Lightweight and flexible
- Black polyolefin design
- 5-year warranty
- 2 feet width x 20 feet long
- Raises temperature 6-10°F above normal values
- 40 square feet of solar heating mat
8.Doheny’s 5′ x 10′ (Two 2.5 x 10 Panels)
- SOLAR DOME POOL HEATING SOLAR SYSTEM: Easy to install with NO gas or electric connections! Heat your pool water the GREEN way using solar energy. Add weeks to your season with free energy from the sun! Multiple collectors can be connected in series to increase heating efficiency. Each dome can raise pool temps up to 10 degrees in approximately seven days. Dimensions: 28" L x 28" W x 12" H. Bypass kit REQUIRED for hooking up two or more heaters or pools that have a 1 HP or larger pump.
- ABOVE GROUND SOLAR HEATING PANEL SYSTEMS: These energy and money saving solar pool systems collect the sun's rays, warming the water that circulates through the panels channels and returns it to the pool! Collector kit can be mounted on plywood (as shown in image) and rests besides pool, or be roof mounted. Either option REQUIRES a roof/rack mounting kit.
- SOLAR PANEL COLLECTOR KIT CONFIGURATIONS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING SIZES: 2.5' W x 20' L; 5' W x 20' L (Comes as (2) 2.5' W x 20' L Panels); and 5' W x 10' L (Comes as (2) 2.5' W x 10' L Panels). **ALL SYSTEMS DO NOT INCLUDE PVC OR FLEX PIPES**
- ABOVE GROUND ROOF/RACK MOUNTING KITS include all hardware necessary for mounting panels on roofs or sheets of plywood that will be installed on a slope (as shown in image). Kit includes (5) 6' straps, 15 SS mounting brackets, and (15) #14 SS screws. 2-WAY DIVERTER VALVE can be plumbed into your filter/solar heating system and acts as an on/off switch. Includes diverter valve and spacer.
- ABOVE GROUND COLLECTOR SIZING CHART: 12'-15' Round = 2.5' x 20' Collector (40,000 BTU Rating); 18'-24' Round = 5' x 20' Collector (80,000 BTU Rating); 27'-28' Round = 2.5' x 20' & 5' x 20' Collectors (120,000 BTU Rating); 12'x24' Oval = 2.5' x 20' Collector (40,000 BTU Rating); 15'x30' & 16'x32' Oval = 5' x 20' Collector (80,000 BTU Rating); 18'x34' Oval = 2.5' x 20' & 5' x 20' Collectors (120,000 BTU Rating)
The Doheny’s is a powerful device that can heat your pool for an additional 15 degrees Fahrenheit. It is worth noting that this device is designed for large pools of 15 square feet. Installation can be done near the pool or on the roof of your home. Thanks to the high-quality component and powerful collector, you can count on the fact that the pump will work for you for more than 5 years. A convenient system of heat circulation allows you to evenly warm up the pool at any time of the year.
- Mounting kit included
- 5-year warranty
- Diverter valve included
- Two 2.5 feet x 10 feet solar panels
- Total 50 square feet area
- Temperature raise up to 15°F
9. 1-2’X20′ Sungrabber
- Highest heating efficiency in the industry - Compatible with your existing pool pump
- Better than a gas heater - no gas line - no gas bills - no pollution
- Will quickly heat your pool with free, reliable heat from the sun - More Tubes per panel than other brands
- For best results for Sungrabber Pool Heaters, more than a single panel may be required. These are available in different quantities, (2 panels, 3 panels, 4 panels, etc.) with all the panel to panel attachments required to connect them together. With one single panel 20 ft of pipe/hose Min. is required (not Included)
- Includes a 310mL bottle of LiquidHeat Solar Blanket, to help keep the Heat in your Pool!
Sungrabber is an innovative system for above ground pools that allows you to heat water to 15 degrees Fahrenheit to make it much warmer in any season. The main feature is highly efficient solar collectors for heating any type of pool. You can count on a ten-year warranty and exceptionally reliable components that contribute to the rapid and uniform heating of water in your pool.
- 10-year warranty
- Suitable for above ground pools
- Flexible and lightweight
- 2 feet width x 20 feet long (each)
- 80 square feet of solar panel
- Temperatures raise up to 15°F
10. 28″x20` Solar Energy Swimming Pool Heater
- WATBOB 28"x20` Solar Energy Swimming Pool Heater Panel For Inground Above Ground Pools
This solar pool heater panel is a universal solar heater for your pool that will make the water temperature warmer by 15 degrees Fahrenheit. You can count on quick heating of a 40 square foot pool. Mounting brackets allow you to install solar panels on the roof of the building or near the pool and is made of high-quality components. You can count on a good complete set and necessary nozzles for fastenings in a set.
- Suitable for both inground and above ground swimming pools
- Hose adapters and O rings included
- Roof-type solar pool heater
- Temperature increase between 10-15°F
- 40 square feet area
- 24-inch (width) x 20 feet (length)
How to Buy a Solar Powered Pool Heater
Square Footage Coverage
First of all, you need to decide what area coverage your solar heaters provide. If you buy a device with insufficient power and coverage you will get minimal heating of the water temperature in the pool. You should also find a place to install solar heaters on your site. In many cases, it is more suitable for installation on the roof. Many private homes in America have a small community area so you are better off using the roof of your home. Consider the fact that solar panels occupy 50-60 percent of the territory of the pool itself. This means that you have to sacrifice part of the territory to install a ground-based heater.
You should also consider what temperature each specific solar collector allows you to achieve. If you buy too small a collector with insufficient power, then your solar heater will not be able to provide you with the required temperature. At the same time, an overly powerful device will only consume the energy of solar panels, its overuse. Read all the necessary purchases before spending money on a specific solar heater. Many manufacturers provide detailed information on the number of collectors and other requirements. Familiarize yourself with it before buying this device.
There are three types of mounting solar heaters. The first option involves mounting on the ground near the pool. This way you achieve zero tilt and let your collector work most efficiently. If you want to save space on your site, you can mount a solar heater and its panels on the roof. This will give you more space. It is very important to place the collectors on the sunny side of your building to maximize the return on all solar panels. The third mounting option provides an inclined installation option for panels that are also suitable for many households. It is convenient if you want to choose the land option and save a little space on your site.
Pool Type and Limitations
Most solar heaters are designed for above ground and in-ground pools. There are also universal models from specific manufacturers. You should choose the right solar heater as it should be compatible with your type of pool. You also need to coordinate the output power of the water pressure so as not to damage the operating elements of your heater. Otherwise, you will receive a full cancellation of the warranty.
Warranty from the manufacturer is an important aspect that you need to agree before buying a specific solar heater for your pool. on average, the range of the warranty term ranges from 2 to 10 years. Choose the most profitable solar collector that will meet the ideal indicator of price and quality. You should not overpay for a guarantee if the collector will have fewer functions or capabilities.
Are a Top Solar Pool Heaters Expensive?
On average, you have to pay from 100 to 300 dollars for a single unit box. You should understand that you may need several of these elements to heat the entire pool. On average, you can pay from 3 to 4000 dollars for a complete heating system for your pool. Consider this parameter in order to correctly calculate the budget and buy the most profitable solar heater.
How to Choose Type of Heater You Need
The most important factor is what type of pool is installed on your site. If it is a surface pool, then you have only a few basic installation procedures and the opportunity to buy a rack option for quick installation. It does not take much time and allows you to quickly heat the pool.
If your pool was mounted in the ground, then you better choose the ground option for installing solar panels. Arrange with specialists and install them on your roof in order to be able to save space on your plots. It is also worth calculating the pressure in the pipes so as not to spoil the solar collector.
How to Choose a Right Size?
In this case, it all depends on the size of your pool and the local solar radiation. Some regions are famous for their cloudy and rainy days, so you will have to choose the most photosensitive elements or expand your system. You can count on heating your pool for an additional 5-15 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also worth understanding that some solar panels can be increased due to additional risks. Calculate the size depending on the area of your pool and install panels in a sunny place where they are obscured by trees or buildings. This will allow you to get maximum efficiency from solar pool heaters.
Are Those Devices Water-Resistant?
In general, you don’t have to worry about the possibility of damaging the components of your solar heater with direct water contact. It is worth noting that the heaters do not have electrical components and therefore can easily withstand rain, snow and other atmospheric precipitation. The only thing you should take care of is the correct water pressure so as not to spoil the design of your heater.
How to Care of Your Heater Device
There are several things that are required for every owner of a solar pool heater. First of all, you should prepare your motto for the winter season. The plastic constructions of solar heaters are not designed to withstand record low temperatures. If you do not want your heater to deteriorate in the winter, you have to completely dismantle it with the subsequent storage of individual components in your garage or home. You also need to install a bypass valve. The fact is that water pressure can adversely affect the operation of your heater.
This additional device will allow you to adjust the water pressure to ensure its uniform flow in the collector. You need a sun cover if you want to keep your pool warm at night or in the cold season. This little tip can keep the pool temperature in the required parameters. You also need to know that initially, solar collectors do not heat up from work. If you mounted your system and it is unusually warm, you should call a specialist to quickly solve the problem with the malfunction.