Each private area needs good night lighting. Unfortunately, standard post lamps are powered by a common power supply and consume a lot of energy. But you can save a lot and install solar lampposts. They will help you provide beautiful landscaping and essential lighting in the evening. Thanks to a special photocell, they can accumulate solar energy during the day and provide you with the necessary amount of warm and pleasant Light at night. Let’s look at the best solution in 2020 that may interest you.
The Best Solar Lamp Posts
1. Sterno Home GL23716BK Solar Lamp Post
- SOLAR-POWERED LED OUTDOOR LIGHT Paradise Outdoor Solar LED Street Light is powered by the sun, which supports long-term operations and maximizes energy-efficiency.
- DUSK-TO-DAWN LIGHT This solar street light is programmed to automatically turn on when the sun sets for effortless operation.
- CLASSIC LAMP POST DESIGN Charming traditional post light design is reminiscent of a vintage-style street lamp.
- WEATHERPROOF OUTDOOR LIGHTING Designed with durable rust-resistant cast-aluminum construction for outdoor use in all weather conditions.
- AMBIANCE AND GLOW 12 LEDs provide a 50-Lumen glow to illuminate your paths, walkways, patios, driveways, stairwells, and other outdoor spaces.
The Sterno GL23716BK is a beautiful vintage lamppost that is equipped with 4 special photocells to generate electricity. The output power of LED lamps is around 50 Lumens, this provides good illumination of your house rug or Garden Path. Stylish appearance and the absence of additional wires allow you to install this sunny street lamp in your area and enjoy the pleasant lighting.
- Four amorphous solar panels
- Twelve LED lights
- 1-year warranty
- 50-lumen output
- Three AA Ni-MH batteries
- Weight: 13.13 pounds
2.Gama Sonic GS-106PL Solar Lamp Post
- Outdoor solar lamp post stands 77-inches tall and has 10 bright-white LEDs and cone reflector to enhance lighting
- Automatic dusk-to-dawn operation and illuminates 80 lumens in a bright-white or warm-white color temperature
- Stays bright for 10-12 hours on a single charge
- No electrical wiring required for installation
- Constructed with weatherproof, rust-resistant cast aluminum and beveled glass. Dimensions: 15 x 6.5 x 77
Gama GS-106PL is a modern Solar Lamppost with a height of 77 inches. The stylish and reliable case has a special single-crystal photocell and a battery for 1000 recharge cycles. The manufacturer declares 3 years of warranty. And the total power of Light reaches 80 lumens. This is enough to illuminate a small house area and the LEDs provide a long battery life. Overall, this is a good solution for those who want to save money and get a reliable device.
- Planter base for easy installation
- Rust-resistant cast aluminum construction
- 10 white LED lights
- 80 lumens output
- 10-12 hours of light between dusk and dawn
- 1,000 charge cycles for lithium-ion battery
3. Kemeco ST4311AHP Solar Lamp Post
- SOLAR POWER & ENERGY SAVING: push the switch button beneath the solar panel roof, the light will turn on automatically at dusk and off at sunrise, charged by 3x Ni-MH 2300mah rechargeable batteries
- SAFE & SIMPLE SETUP: this product is designed for easy assembly. All you need to do is follow the installation guide and build the unit with screws (included) from the bottom up, no wire needed
- EFFICIENT DESIGN: high quality warm white LED, four large solar panels, just place this solar lamp in a location where it can receive full sunlight
- DECORATIVE STYLE: cast-aluminum metal lamp posts and ripple glass panels provide not only functional lighting but also attractive decoration for your yard
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY & MAINTENANCE-FREE: rust-resistant construction requires little to no maintenance. Product is guaranteed to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one year following the date of purchase (excluding the battery/batteries)
The Kemeco ST4311AHP is a stylish lamppost that works on solar cells. You can count on a capacious 2000 milliampere battery. In general, you can count on 8 hours of continuous operation in the dark. It is worth noting that 6 LED lamps and reliable solar cells provide you with a good device. to the solar panel allow you to accumulate electricity even in cloudy weather. This is a good compromise between price and quality.
- Plastic planter base
- Cast aluminum construction
- Warm white light
- 2300mAh battery capacity
- 6-8 hours of light for dusk and dawn
- 6 solar powered LEDs
4.Gama Sonic GS-98B-S-WB
- PATENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGY - The GS Solar LED Light Bulb is new patented technology that takes the conventional idea of a light bulb and incorporates it into outdoor solar lamps and lamp posts. It boasts a 10-year lifespan and creates the 360° light spread of a customary incandescent bulb.
- AUTOMATIC DUSK TO DAWN LIGHTING - Our Gama Sonic Royal Bulb Solar Lamp Post is designed to provide dusk-to-dawn performance when its battery gets fully charged during the day. The integrated photocell sensor can detect light and will automatically turn on at dusk and off once the sun comes up.
- NO ELECTRICAL WIRING - No electrical wiring is required for installation, making our outdoor solar lamp post fixture easy to install while offering an energy and money-saving alternative to electric or gas-powered outdoor lighting. Just install the solar light fixture in a spot with direct sunshine and let the sun do the rest.
- DURABLE AND WEATHER RESISTANT - The monocrystalline silicon solar panels are protected by durable, cleanable tempered glass. This Gama Sonic solar powered lamp post is also made from rust-resistant cast aluminum with a powder coated weathered bronze finish for long-lasting performance.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION - No electrical wiring is required for installation, making this solar LED light the perfect light to install while offering an energy and money saving alternative to electric or gas-powered outdoor lighting. Simply place the outdoor solar lamp post light where ample sunshine is available.. Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 87
The Gama GS-98B-S-WB is a stylish Solar Lamppost which has a bronze body and a beautiful stylish lampshade. This lamp is designed for solar panels and can provide brightness of up to 120 lumens. Lighting duration is limited to eight hours. It is worth noting that the charging process is very fast thanks to high-quality solar panels and energy-efficient LED lamps. Overall this is a good symbiosis of quality, reliability and bright light. If you want to cover the maximum amount of your territory this is one of the best options.
- Weathered bronze finished
- Monocrystalline solar modules
- Anchor system integrated
- 120 lumens of brightness
- The battery lasts 1,000 charge cycles
- LED light bulb lasts around 10 years
5. Kanstar 65″ Street Vintage
- 1 single light kits
- Battery: Pre-installed Rechargeable AA, 3.2V/800 mAh Ni-Cd
- Sensor: Automatic sensor activates at dusk
- LED: Super Bright White LEDs
- On/Off Switch: Yes
This Kanstar 65″ Street Vintage is an effective Solar Lamppost which is combined with a flower pot. You can make it a wonderful element of decor and combine business with pleasure. Special LED lamps with bright white light are powered by a battery with a capacity of 800 mAh. Special LED panels provide long battery life and charge quickly. Black color is universal. That allows you to install a lamppost in any part of your garden plot.
- Dimmable and light direction adjustable
- AA nickel-cadmium battery
- Stainless steel finish
- 800mAh battery capacity
- 3 LED bulbs
- Adjustable height at 26”, 48”, or 65”
6.iGlow Outdoor Garden Solar Streetlight
- 2 Ultra Bright White SMD LEDs (100 Lumens), Last up to 100,000 hours. Pre-installed Rechargeable 18650 3.7V, Last up to 3 Years before Replacing. The Solar Lamp Post Stands 78.5". (Adjustable)
- Automatic Sensor Activates at Dusk with NEW and IMPROVED Crystalline Solar Panel for Superior Charging Performance. The Light also has Manual On/Off Switch.
- Poles and Base are Constructed with Weatherproof, Durable Rust-resistant Cast Aluminum to Withstand Elements
- Dual Purpose: You May Either Put It on a Post or Put It in the Ground like Regular Solar Lamp Post. The Light Comes with All Accessories You will Need Including 3 Anchor Bolts, Cast Aluminum Ground Spikes, Screws and etc for Either Soft Ground or Cement. Easy to Install. No Wiring Required.
- Lamp Unit Dimension: 8.5" x 8.5" x 9.0" (L x W x H). 4 Height Options by Adding Sectional Poles: 30.5", 46.5", 62.5", & 78.5" (Including Lamp Unit & Base). Each Sectional Pole Height: 16" (4 Included). Max Height: 78.5"
The iGlow Outdoor Garden is a stylish Solar street lamp which provides brightness up to 100 lumens. You can count on 15 years of operation and a stylish design. Special LED elements on the top of the case provide full charge and long work in the evening. Crystal technology allows you to charge the battery faster and deal more effectively with various weather changes. This will be the best design decision in your garden plot that allows you to illuminate a significant adjoining area.
- LED turns on off automatically by a light sensor
- Crystalline module technology
- Black finish
- 100-lumen output
- LEDs have 100,000 hours of operation
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 12.5 x 16.5 inches
7. TruePower Solar Charged LED Lamp
- Solar panel recharges batteries during daylight - rechargeable batteries included
- Automatic sensor turns lamp on at dusk, off at dawn. On/off switch for manual control
- Ten (10) hours of operation when fully charged
- Rustproof and UV proof aluminum support posts with a black powder coat finish
- LED solar lamp working voltage: 3.6V 1800 mAh
TruePower Solar is a multifunctional LED Solar lamppost that can last up to 10 hours on a single charge. Special 6 LEDs and a powerful single-crystal panel allow you to effectively illuminate your territory at night. A special sunlight sensor allows you to automatically turn the flashlight on and off when necessary. In general, this is a reliable and high-quality gadget that will serve you for many years and will illuminate your local area.
- Adjustable height
- UV and weatherproof cast aluminum solar light
- Automatic sensor
- 1800mAh battery capacity
- 6 outdoor LED light bulbs
- 10 hours of operation between dusk and dawn if fully charged
8. Gama Sonic GS-104S
- SOLAR POWERED- This outdoor solar powered lamp post is powered completely by the sun and equipped with an internal lithium-ion battery pack, which charges when sunlight hits the device’s solar panel.
- AUTOMATIC DUSK TO DAWN LIGHTING – This Gama Sonic solar outdoor light is designed to provide dusk-to-dawn performance when its battery gets fully charged during the day. The integrated photocell sensor can detect light and will automatically turn on at dusk and off once the sun comes up.
- NO ELECTRICAL WIRING – This solar lamp post is perfect for DIY enthusiasts looking to upgrade their landscape lighting while not breaking the bank. Installation is simple and takes minutes and does not require electrical wiring, just place in a spot with direct sunshine.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – The Pagoda solar lamp post requires little to no maintenance. Once the solar light has been installed in a spot with direct sunshine, leave the rest up to the sun.
- DURABLE AND WEATHER RESISTANT - The monocrystalline silicon solar panels are protected by durable, cleanable tempered glass. Additionally, this Gama Sonic solar powered lamp post light is also made from rust-resistant cast aluminum with a powder coated black finish for long-lasting performance.. Dimensions: 11 x 11 x 87
The Gama GS-104S is a very stylish lamppost that resembles a Chinese pagoda. It is worth noting that 13 bright LEDs provide up to 180 Lumens of brightness that will work for 8 hours. On average, it will take you about 6 hours to fully charge the battery from solar electricity. Special plates with crystalline elements quickly accumulate solar energy and allow your lamppost to work for a long time. You can count on 3 years of continuous operation and the reliability of the case.
- Aluminum solar lamp
- Anchor system included for installation
- Light cone reflector
- The battery lasts around 1,000 charge cycles
- LEDs shine at 180 lumens
- 1,500mAh battery capacity
9. Solar Smart Creations 72″ Vintage Lights
- Triple Solar Heads
- Battery: Pre-installed 2 Rechargeable AA, 3.2V/800 mAh Ni-Cd
- Solar Panel: 4V 80MHA 4PCS
- Sensor: Automatic sensor activates at dusk
- On/Off Switch: Yes
This Solar Smart Creations is a very beautiful Solar Lamppost made in the style of the Victorian era. The device is divided into three lighting elements and is designed to automatically work during poor lighting. Solar panels quickly accumulate light and allow your lamp to work throughout the night. The capacious rechargeable battery helps maintain a high degree of brightness throughout the entire night time period.
- Triple head design
- Adjustable heights
- Light direction selection
- Two AA nickel-cadmium batteries
- 1,600mAh total capacity
- Dimensions: 7 x 18 x 70 inches
10. Gama Sonic GS-109S-B
- PATENT SOLAR TECHNOLOGY - The GS Solar LED Light Bulb is our new patented technology that takes the conventional idea of a light bulb and incorporates it into outdoor solar lamps and lamp posts. It boasts a 10-year lifespan and creates the 360° light spread of a customary incandescent bulb.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION - No electrical wiring is required for installation, making the Gama Sonic solar LED light the perfect light to install while offering an energy and money saving alternative to electric or gas-powered outdoor lighting.
- AUTOMATIC DUSK TO DAWN LIGHTING - Our Gama Sonic solar powered lamp post is designed to provide dusk-to-dawn performance when its battery gets fully charged during the day. The integrated photocell sensor can detect light and will automatically turn on at dusk and off once the sun comes up.
- NO ELECTRICAL WIRING – This outdoor solar lamp post is perfect for DIY enthusiasts looking to upgrade their landscape lighting while not breaking the bank. Installation is simple and takes minutes and does not require electrical wiring, just place in a spot with direct sunshine.
- NO MAINTENANCE REQUIRED – The Everest Solar Lamp Post is constructed with weather-resistant and rust-resistant cast aluminum and plastic dome lens, allowing the light to shine through while remaining easy to clean.. Dimensions: 22 x 11 x 92
The Gama GS-109S-B is a representative of industrial design that will appeal to many modern people. Altogether it is a powerful 3,000 mAh battery lamp post. You can count on continuous operation for 12 hours. While the brightness of LED the lamps will reach 200 lumens. It is one of the most prominent representatives on this list that can illuminate your entire site or path to the house. It is worth noting that the battery discharges very quickly from solar panels.
- Monocrystalline solar technology
- Curved design
- 11 LEDs
- 200-lumen output
- 3,000mAh battery capacity
- 1,000 charge cycles
How to Choose a Solar Powered Lamp Post
The most important element in the overall design of solar lampposts is the battery. If the photocells can last up to 20 years, and the led lamps are 7-15 years old, then the battery can last a maximum of 3-4 years. You should choose those designs where you can replace a failed battery. This will allow you to extend the life of this device and get the efficient operation of LED lamps in the future.
Battery Capacity and Charging and Discharging Rates
Battery capacity also plays an important role. it depends on how long the LED lamps will work. An average of 6-7 hours This is already a good indicator for such lamps. The best performance is 10-12 hours, which is possible due to the battery capacity. Choose the option that is most suitable for you in price and quality. If you need long-term coverage of your site, then you should pay attention to the batteries with the highest capacity.
The brightness of your lighting device and the range of lighting depend on this indicator. If you need a light dim light, you can do with a brightness of 20-50 lumens. The most powerful models can provide brightness within 300 lumens. This will allow you to illuminate the huge local area and all the tracks.
Design plays an important role in the interior and exterior of your property. Choose a style depending on what you want to see in your local area. Most luminaires are vintage or hi-tech. You can also find Chinese and Japanese motifs with curved tops.
Part of the devices allows you to adjust the height and other parameters so that you can customize the flashlight to your needs. You can also switch operating modes and additional functions, which is very important for many people.
Aspects to Consider Before Installing Solar Lamp Post
Do not forget that these are solar lamps therefore they need direct sunshine. Choose the correct location that will allow you to fully charge the battery of your lamp during the day for efficient night use. Also, you should carefully consider the choice of installation systems. Many can be located on the ground, concrete or other fixtures. You can buy a solar lamppost that will have a flower pot. Choose those mounting formats that are of interest to you. Also, determine the height of the column.
Some devices have height adjustment which is very convenient for choosing the most ideal location. You should also understand that some devices may turn on automatically. This is very convenient since you do not need to manually switch modes on your flashlight. Lighting power is another parameter on which it is worth determining attention. If you need to illuminate the whole territory, then you can choose a bright lamp. In the case of a small area, you will have enough small lamps.
How Many Lumens is Ok?
You need to decide what type of Light you want to see on your Garden plot. If you need private warm light in a small area, 100 lumens of brightness is enough for you. If you need to illuminate the entire area completely, then you can find models up to 300 lumens. It all depends on what price the device suits you.
How to Safely Change It
Continuous use of the battery is possible for 2-3 years. as soon as you complete this period you need to turn off the solar lamp and disconnect all sections in order to get the battery compartment on the back of your cover. It is worth noting that the design of many solar lampposts allows you to replace the battery yourself. You only need to install the new battery in the required fixing position and reassemble the lamp. After that, you can connect it to the solar panels and continue operation.