A backup generator is always an advantage and the opportunity to get electricity anywhere. Many disasters and adverse weather events affect the availability of conventional diesel generators. If a hurricane destroyed your home, you have no time to look for fuel to connect a generator. As an alternative, you can use generators with lithium-ion batteries. They will provide you with enough electricity and will be autonomous for the entire period of use. Let’s look at the best options on the market.
The Best Solar Generators
1. Jackery 240Wh Solar Generator
- Included in the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL OUTPUTS: Jackery Explorer 240 is equipped with a 240 watt-hour (16.8Ah, 14.4V) lithium-ion battery pack. It features 1* AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports and 1* DC car port to power many equipments such as phone, laptop, light, fan, mini cooler and so on with pure sine wave inverter.
- ENTRY-LEVEL EXPLORER 240 FOR OUTDOOR SCENES: Jackery Portable power station with solid handle, easy to carry and easy to operate wherever you go. A solid portable power can power your iPhone, laptop and camping light up, when you enjoying weekend camping or working from home.
- GREEN SOLAR GENERATOR:Jackery Explorer 240 with built-in MPPT controller that can get the maximum recharging efficiency can easily get recharged with the efficient solar panel, Solar Saga 60W (sold separately) to provide eco-friendly clean power.There are other flexible recharging ways with wall outlet, car outlet and generator.
- WHAT YOU GET: You will receive 1* Jackery Entry-level Explorer 240 (240Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide,2 year customer service.For a better customer experience, we will optimize the product from time to time.
The Jackery power generator is a powerful generator that can achieve performance in 240Wh. the duration of a full charge reaches 10 hours after which it is ready for use. You can use panels on 50W to charge the generator from sunshine. In general, it is a convenient and modern solution that has the necessary USB connectors, a display panel and a socket for connecting mobile equipment. In general, you can connect any device up to a mini-fridge. The convenient handle and the rubberized case guarantee you protection against external factors.
- Three charging modes: solar energy, car, or AC outlet
- Pure sine wave inverter with a single AC output/input
- 9 m AC adapter and 1m car charger cable included
- Battery capacity: 240Wh/16.8Ah
- Weight: 6.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 9.1 x 7.7 inches
2. CHAFON 346WH Solar Generator
- 🔥 Upgraded: No Jump Starter Function,Cool Fan work while recharging,turn off the AC button if you want fan work voice lower,Generator Power Supply: High Capacity 346WH(12V,30AH) Polymer Lithium-ion Battery Pack more safer and durable,Off-grid power source for home,RV outdoor camping CPAP machine hurricane power outage small appliances tradeshow booth.
- 🎄Versatile Powerful Outputs: Pure-sine wave 500W AC outlet Power inverter,3 three-prong 110V receptacles (for devices up to 500Watt) ,4*DC 12V/36W ports ,4*USB 5V/2A ports,1W Led flashlight,emergency power to charge smartphones 30 times, laptops 6 times, Gopro 50 times, Drone, Mini Projector
- 🎉 On line UPS: Backup battery ups surge protection for desktop pc,workstations,networking devices and home entertainment systems.Safeguards valuable documents, photos,videos,and music files,playstation from loss or damage due to power outage
- 🎅 Rechargeable Battery Pack,No Gasoline Required: Recharge from wall AC outlet 7-8hrs in home,12V Car cigarette lighter port charger 7-8hrs while living VAN life,CHAFON foldable 40W/80W(Max) solar panel charger 14-18hrs（sold separately) while live outdoors ,Gas generator 7-8 hrs while power outage.
- 🎁 Safety - Risk-free polymer lithium battery plus BMS Provide short circuit,Overcharger Overload protection,environmental protection,energy saving and fire-proof ABS material and our worry-free 12-month (not for man-made damage) and friendly customer service
The Chafon 346WH is another portable generator that looks like a huge case or Mega Power bank. a 346Wh lithium-ion battery is installed here. You can rely on the fact that the inverter provides a current of 500W. There is a special 4 USB ports and outlet sockets in order to connect various devices. You can charge this inverter using solar panels or connect power directly to your network.
- UPS unit included
- An LCD display shows available capacity
- Flashlight included
- Energy capacity: 346Wh/ [email protected]
- Maximum AC power output: 500W
3. Paxcess 100W Solar Generator
- POWERFUL AC, USB AND 12V OUTPUTS KEEP ALL YOUR DEVICES CHARGED UP: Whether you’re looking to keep iPhone, iPad, laptop, DSLR camera charged up, or running lights, CPAP machine and small appliances in an off-grid or power outage, the Paxcess portable power station features a variety of outputs, including 3* 12V DC port(max 180W,with an extra cigarette socket cable) / 2* 110V AC outlet inverter(modified sine wave, max 100W) / 2* USB 5V port, to ensure you have the power you need at any time
- EASILY RECHARGED FROM SUN, WALL OUTLET OR CAR: No matter where you go, keep Paxcess portable generator charged through 3 easy ways: Simply use the included AC adapter from wall outlet to charge up the Paxcess generator in 7-8 hours. On the go, use Paxcess 50w solar panel to charge it from the power of the sun and works as a portable solar generator(The compatible solar panel is sold separatly). Lastly, charging while on-the-road is easy with the included 12V car charger cable.
- CLEAN ADN PORTABLE POWER, NO GASOLINE REQUIRED: Since there’s no gasoline required and no toxic fumes, the Paxcess generator is completely safe to use inside your house, tent, and car. It’s also silent which makes it the perfect generator alternative to have on hand for any event; Only weights 3.3lbs and ideal size for traveling, fits perfectly in the backpack or backseat on long road trips.
- SAFETY GUARANTEED: Battery Management System (BMS) undertakes voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: At Paxcess, your satisfaction is our first priority, that's why we offer you 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase within 45 days, you can return with 100% money back. No hassles, no question asked. If your generator failed within 1 year time, we will send you brand new replacement. 100% Risk Free.
The Paxcess 100W power station is a stylish and ergonomic portable generator that contains a peak power of 150W. Here it is possible to charge a USB device and conventional devices for 110 and 180W. You can switch between different modes and display the necessary parameters on the screen. This is a convenient device that can be, using the solar panel or your network at home. Choose it for travel thanks to its compact design and the ability to fit in the trunk of a car.
- Suitable for CPAP machine charging
- Battery Management System integrated
- Charge by solar, wall charger or car charger
- 155Wh of energy capacity
- Maximum AC output 100 watts of power
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 3.1 x 6.9 inches
4. Renogy Phoenix 210Wh Solar Suitcase
- The Phoenix is an all-in-one portable solar power system specifically designed for mobile, off-grid applications and is ideal for emergencies
- This compact, lightweight back-up system combines highly efficient Renogy 20W Mono-crystalline Solar panels and can expand up to 100 watts with additional paves
- The Phoenix can be charged by solar, AC power, or car power and comes with a 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery
- The included 17. 1Ah li-ion(neck) Battery, giving the capability of limitless power. Charging temperature range 045C°
- Minimum inverter efficiency: 80 percentage, max Continuous Output power: 150W, Output AC Frequency: 60 Hz
The Renogy Phoenix 210Wh Solar Suitcase is a portable case and a solar generator in one device. Convenient folding design allows you to transfer the device to various distances. Monocrystal solar panel provides a quick charge of the device and a set of different ports allows you to connect smartphones, laptops and other electronic devices. You can rely on fast charging, a reliable case and the ability to work at low temperatures. A 16A battery will allow you to charge various gadgets for a long time.
- Chargeable through solar panels, AC power or external battery.
- Includes four USB ports for multiple devices.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Power output: 150W (maximum continuous output)
- Battery capacity: 16 Ah
- Maximum Inverter Efficiency: 80%
5. Goal Zero Yeti 400
- 396Wh lead acid battery portable power station can power up to 7 devices at once (33Ah @ 12V)
- Continuous 300W, 600W surge pure-sine wave inverter, 2.1A USB ports, 120W 12V ports
- Charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, and most small devices. Backup power for small appliances, lights, and more
- Recharges from AC, 12V or solar panels (sold separately). Gas-free generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no maintenance
- Chainable with other 33Ah lead acid batteries for longer runtimes
The Goal Zero Yeti 400 is a portable power station that is equipped with all the necessary ports to charge your electronic device. 30 W output power and a 600 W inverter provide continuous charging of your gadgets. This device has a liquid crystal display where you can adjust the power and voltage control. In general, this is a fairly powerful device that will help you power up your laptops, tablets and any other equipment anywhere.
- Charging system through a solar, wall
plug or via 12V car input
- 600W surge pure sine wave inverter
- 300W of continuous power output
- Battery capacity: 396 Wh
- Weight: 29 pounds
- Dimensions: 8 x 10.2 x 8 inches
6. Anker Powerhouse
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Portable Power: Off-grid power supply for camping or emergency backup, capable of powering lamps, phones, laptops, TVs and even mini fridges. PowerHouse boasts triple output modes: a 12V car socket, an 110V AC outlet (for devices up to 120W) and 4 fast-charging USB ports.
- Remarkably Compact: PowerHouse is possibly the smallest and lightest 400Wh power supply on the market. A high-density lithium-ion battery allows for a more compact build than that of lead-acid power packs.
- Safety Guaranteed: Battery Management System (BMS) undertakes voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerHouse (434Wh Portable Power Supply), 10ft / 304cm AC adapter, 2ft / 60cm Micro USB charging cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
The compact Anker Powerhouse is a compact solar generator that has a capacity of 434Wh. You can charge various gadgets electronic devices and any equipment thanks to a convenient connection and a different set of ports. The front panel contains an outlet on a power outlet and a USB panel. A convenient indicator display displays charging and other parameters that are very important for controlling the device. You can also use this device to power medical devices.
- BMS optimizes battery performance
- Designed to be durable in outdoor environments
- Suitable as a backup power supply for CPAP machines
- Battery capacity: 434Wh
- AC peak power: 120W
- Weight: 9.26 pounds
7. Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium
- 1425Wh lithium portable power station can power up to 10 devices at once (Single Cell Equivalent Capacity: 396Ah @3.6V)
- AC inverter (output, pure sine wave): 120VAC 60Hz, 10A (1500W, 3000W surge)
- Charges phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, drones, and more. Powers your refrigerator, blender, TV, lights, power tools, and medical devices
- Easily Rechargeable - Keep your Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium powered up from the wall or from the sun (solar panels sold separately)
- Gas generator alternative with no noise, no fumes, no gasoline, no maintenance
The Goal Zero Yeti 1400Wh Lithium This is one of the most powerful solar generators you can buy at the moment. to a jet inverter can provide power up to 1500W has multi-stage surge protection. You can connect devices via USB ports or additional outputs. The indicator panel displays the status of the controller, charge and other moments. You can connect here small refrigerators, mini air conditioners or any portable equipment. This is a great solar generator that can become part of your energy system.
- Multi-stage surge protection
- PWM charge controller included
- Complete LCD display
- Maximum power capacity 1500W
- Surge capacity: 3000W
- Battery capacity 1425Wh
8. COOLIS 150Wh
- 17 DOLLAR OFF: No need any claim code, you can get the off automatically while checkout
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL: 110V AC output limited to 100W, 12V DC ouput limited to 180W, 5V USB output, capable of powering lamps,phones,laptops,TVs,printers,fans,car pumps,toast maker,coffee machine... please refer to the description page for working time calculation
- LED SCREEN PROTECTION FILM and BMS: LED screen is covered with a film for protection,It's normal if any scratchs on the protection film (please remove it before using). Battery Management System (BMS) to improve battery utilization, prevent over current, over voltage and over temperature, prolong battery life.
- ATTENTION: (1)Please ensure your AC device power does not exceed 100W, otherwise the generator will automatically switch to DC output for self protection; (2)Please ensure your DC device power does not exceed 180W(better under 120W), otherwise the generator will be temporarily dead,you need to recharge the battery some seconds for revival.
The Coolis 150Wh is an excellent generator that is made in the shape of a bag and allows you to quickly carry the entire structure over long distances. A powerful inverter and the ability to charge various girls is a big plus. A full charge takes 7-8 hours and ensures uninterrupted operation of the entire device. You can track the status of your battery with other parameters on the LCD. The side panel is made in the form of ports and outputs to various devices. Also included are a separate power supply and several adapters that allow you to connect even more equipment.
- Multiple AC output connection types
- BMS and LED screen protection integrated
- Three charging modes: car, solar and wall
- Maximum AC power: 100W
- DC power maximum rating: 180W
- Energy capacity: 150Wh
9. SUAOKI 400Wh
No products found.
The Suaoki 400Wh is a portable generator that has a 600W. BMS to control voltage allows you to monitor various devices and a large number of outlets are suitable for charging many devices at once. the convenient liquid crystal display has a large diagonal so that you can immediately display all the necessary components and control charging aspects. This is ideal for camping and hiking because it allows you to connect a lot of devices up to mini-refrigerators.
- BMS integrated
- Suitable for CPAP machines
- Depth of discharge: 80%
- 600 W surge capacity
- 444Wh storage capacity
- Weight: 12.35 pounds
10. Goal Zero Yeti 150
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a portable generator that is equipped with battery capacity for 168W. Thanks to this device you can charge smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It is a compact and reliable device that has built-in protection against loads and short circuits. Special USB ports allow you to quickly charge any device, and the design is convenient for daily carrying. To you can charge this device from AC power or solar panels.
- Single AC 80 watt power output
- Lead-acid technology
- Two USB ports
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Dimensions:7.8 x 6.8 x 5.8 inches
- 160W surge capacity
Tips When Buying a Solar Powered Generator
Surge Power Capacity
Buying a solar generator is an important step that will make you more efficient. If you want to buy the best models you need to pay attention to the surge pure sine wave inverter rating. This is the maximum power you can count on. You need to know in advance what maximum power your devices require and make sure that all the declared characteristics meet your expectations when you don’t have any unpleasant surprises while using this device.
Battery capacity also plays an important role when connecting various devices. You need to know how many times you can charge them or how long you can support the operation of mini-refrigerators, laptops and other devices. As a rule, you should not rely on built-in solar panels. Only a few models on the market can offer such an option. However, you can additionally purchase a solar panel to charge the generator in the sun.
Solar generators can be connected to solar panels for subsequent charging. If you travel in sunny weather, this will be a quick and enjoyable process. Nevertheless, it is important that the generator must be charged from an alternative energy source, namely a conventional electrical outlet. You need to keep the generator active while charging. This is very important because this is the correct charging procedure.
Appliances that you can charge
Each Solar Generator has been created for a specific type of needs and applications. If a certain generator does not suit you, this does not mean that it is a sucker and does not have the right to sell. You must first determine which parameters are critical for you and what you want to see in your generator. It will help you choose the right power, additional options and other parameters that are important for you. You should understand what devices you want to charge from this generator before buying.
Generators have additional features like the ability to charge from solar panels, built-in controllers, inverters and other features. Some devices have fast charged and can connect medical equipment. You can also buy a surge protection generator with a sinusoidal inverter. Choose this device that you like and meets all your expectations.
What Size is Suitable for Travelling?
Some generators weigh up to 5 kg and fit perfectly in your backpack. This is the best option for traveling and charging multiple portable gadgets. You should decide what maximum weight you are ready to carry or carry in your car. Altogether, a 12-kilogram generator will not take up much space in the car and will allow you to comfortably pack all your things for a picnic or camping. If you want the most portable option, then you should put up with less power and output energy.
What Can Be Powered by Solar Generators?
If you are going camping, you can easily record many devices. If you have an output of 12V of direct current, then you can turn on the flashlight, electric stove, radio, and many other gadgets. You can hang an LED lamp to illuminate the space or a mini cooler that will refresh you in the hot season. In principle, you can connect absolutely any power devices which do not exceed the maximum indicator of the generator. For example, it can be a coffee maker, mini stove or mini fridge for drinks and food.
Can you Power the Appliances in an RV Using a Solar Power Generator?
It is also possible. Power is available to you to connect a small refrigerator to other complex devices. In general, most portable generators can power such a gadget for up to 7 hours. You can also connect televisions, car radios, computers, printers and large stereo systems to listen to music. There are no restrictions for this device other than the output power.
If you calculate everything correctly, you can connect all the necessary gadgets and enjoy the electricity.might not be able to supply the required demand. Choose an LCD TV for this purpose.
Which Backup Solar Generator Is The Best in Emergencies?
The Paxcess 100-watt station is the one. It’s a compact generator that does not take up much space and allows you to solve many important issues related to the power supply. You should also pay attention to the Chafon backup generator. It also acts well as an uninterrupted power supply in case of unforeseen circumstances, accidents and power outages.
How Much Should You Expect to Pay for a Top Device?
The financial aspect is important because the average portable generator at 150Wh will cost in the region of 120-200 dollars. A doubled power indicator will cost you up to $ 450. If we talk about powerful 400Wh solar generators, then you can spend up to one and a half $ 1,000.
On average, top models will cost you 900-950 dollars, depending on the company and the design.
How to Calculate the Number of Watts You Need
This is a very simple task. You need to summarize the total power consumption of all those gadgets that you want to charge at the same time. You can also come to the conclusion that you will not be able to charge absolutely all devices and select specific solar generators for certain tasks. In general, you can safely charge smartphones, tablets, and laptops from a 150Wh generator. If you want to connect mini-fridges, stoves or coolers, then you have to choose a more powerful model. Carefully read the specifications and compare them with the power of the equipment you need. It will help to make the right choice and enjoy the results of the purchase for many years.